Procmail + PHP troubles?

I was wondering if anyone could help with a problem I’m having. I’m trying to get things set up so that I can recieve an email and have it query a MySQL database, to insert a record. I’m doing this in PHP, because it’s handiest, but the instructions on how to get PHP to run from an email at https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=2626 don’t seem to work right. Every time I get a message which meets the proper filter, it fails, and the following is the error from the log file:

/home/meqaniqalvideo/php/php: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: version GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found (required by /home/meqaniqalvideo/php/libdl.so.2) /home/meqaniqalvideo/php/php: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: versionGLIBC_PRIVATE’ not found (required by /home/meqaniqalvideo/php/libm.so.6)
/home/meqaniqalvideo/php/php: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: version GLIBC_PRIVATE' not found (required by /home/meqaniqalvideo/php/libpthread.so.0) /home/meqaniqalvideo/php/php: /lib/ld-linux.so.2: versionGLIBC_PRIVATE’ not found (required by /home/meqaniqalvideo/php/libc.so.6)

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Looks like it’s trying to use a program called ld-linux that isn’t there. You’d want to do some research to verify if it’s really installed or not on your machine.

From there you can either see about installing it, or trying to fix the code to work with it if it’s allready installed.

-Matttail

Y’see, that’s the thing. ld-linux.so.2 is one of the normal dynamic libraries, required by several parts of PHP. And it is in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH, which appears to be ignored, for some reason, and I was wondering if anyone knew why.

Can you test the program from command line to see if it’s functioing properly? it may be that for some readon it’s not really working right even though it in your path.

-Matttail

I don’t have a solution for this question but it should be noted that when an email comes into our system it is handled by an email server and that is where PHP will be executed. The email servers are entirely separate from the hosting servers. We try to keep things installed on them so they match the hosting servers as closely as possible, but they will most likely not be identical.

• Dallas
  • DreamHost Head Honcho/Founder