Problems transfering forum

apps

im trying to transfer my ipb v1.3 forums over
i got the database and everything restored, the files uploaded, but im getting pathing errors

Warning: main(db/mysql.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.kerr/binarydata/unadvised.org/db/db.php on line 51

Warning: main(db/mysql.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.kerr/binarydata/unadvised.org/db/db.php on line 51

Warning: main(): Failed opening ‘db/mysql.php’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/.kerr/binarydata/unadvised.org/db/db.php on line 51

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in /home/.kerr/binarydata/unadvised.org/db/db.php on line 84

all my settings are correct
(im using php nuke with ipb)

any ideas?

None at all, if all your settings are correct. :wink:

Your error messages are pretty clear - db/mysql.php is not able to be opened when called from /home/.kerr/binarydata/unadvised.org/db/db.php.

–rlparker

I might be wrong but I believe that IPB does not work with MySQL 5.

It may be that the program cannot find the PEAR module db.php.
Have a look at PEAR in the wiki here and see if that helps at all.

Have you tried running your forum under php4. If you go to the Manage Domains page of the ControlPanel and click [edit] under web hosting you can switch back and forth between PHP4 and 5.

It may be that the location for db.php is hard wired into mysql.php (or other config file) but if I recall PHP5 is in a non standard location on DreamHost to accommodate PHP4.

Norm

Opinions are my own views, not DreamHosts’.
I am NOT a DreamHost employee OK!! :@

You act on my advice at your own risk!

its running under php4 right now
havent tried 5 though
but when i sshed in, and did pear list, it was missing the db package
and when i try to install other packages based off of the information in the wiki, i get permission errors

and all those files it says it cant access, are there btw