Problems loading the home page

I’m a complete newbie so please excuse my lack of knowledge.

I am having problems loading my web page. When I first access my web page in Safari and Firefox it appears as the page is loading but the page is completely blank. Nothing on the page comes up. However, when I hit return, the page loads fine.

Why doesn’t the page load the first time I land on the page? It seems so strange that I have to access my page, get met by a blank screen and then hit return to have the page load.

I’m using wordpress running a blog. The URL is www.e-series.org.

Does anyone have any suggestion?

Your site actually loads first time for me (using Firefox 1.5.0.4 under WinXP).

There was a recent forum post where another user described what seems like the same problem with WordPress. He resolved the issue by disabling wp-cache.

The wiki apparently has a fix for using wp-cache under PHP5.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Thank you very much. Worked like a charm!

I am having a problem similar to this. I uploaded files for my FrontPage site www.circlegranchar.com and when I attempt to access the site from the internet, it is not going to the homepage… I think it is due to the fact that I uploaded one folder with all my files into the circlegranchar.com folder.

If this is my problem, will I need to delete all the files and reload into the correct folder…

I am in hopes that there is some other way to do it. I am on a slow dial up connection and it took me a couple of hours last night to get all the files loaded.

I am fairly new to all this and I am attempting to rewrite the whole site without FP!!! (yeah!!) but it will take me some time as I am attempting to self teach with internet classes.

Right now, my main concern is getting the www.circlegranchar.com up and operational. It has been down since I trans it to DreamHost.

Thanks for any help,

Sheila

I had a quick look at your site and you are correct. Your sites files have been uploaded to circlegranchar.com/CircleGGypsy/ , instead of circlegrancher.com

Fortunately, there is a simple way to correct the problem without actually uploading the files again.

Create a file called .htaccess (the dot is important) with the following contents;

[color=#0000CC]Redirect /index.html http://www.circlegranchar.com/CircleGGypsy/index.htm[/color]

Upload this file to the root directory of circlegranchar.com. This will automatically redirect visitors to your sub-directory.

You may have problems actually creating the .htaccess file under Windows, it doesn’t seem to like a file with an extension only. I normally create it named something like htaccess.txt then rename it using my FTP client once it has been uploaded.

Also, I notice that your sub-directory has a mixed case name, this can be a trap for the unwary when uploading sites from Windows to Unix based systems (such as the servers at DreamHost). Unix based systems see the name CircleGGypsy as different from the name circleggypsy

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )