Problem with Wordpress and more

wordpress

I registered my domain last night and by this morning the page was up (parked) and all seemed to be working fine. So I started to play around with it (I am very new to web design) and downloaded WordPress to see what that was all about, and now it seems nothing works. I get this message when I try to go to my webpage:
We’re having a little trouble selecting the proper database for WordPress.
Are you sure it exists?
Your database name is currently specified as BearButtons. Is this correct?
On some systems the name of your database is prefixed with your username, so it would be like username_wordpress. Could that be the problem?

I’m not sure what the problem is. My page is registered correctly as far as I know. Maybe enough time hasn’t passed? I’m not sure. Please help!

Have you created your MySQL database? You need to do that under “Goodies” in the panel.

Are you sure you’ve got the database name, database username and password set correctly in your wp-config.php file?

Also, the DB_HOST value must not be “localhost”, but the hostname of your database - see your panel.

You could also try the WordPress support forums - http://wordpress.org/support/

Les Bessant
Losing it[1]
Currently trying out Dreamhost with WordPress 1.5 beta, main site will move here when I’m really really really sure :slight_smile:

As far as I know, I’ve done all that you wrote about. And it still doesn’t work. I have no idea how to even get to my wp-config.php file though. This is my first time even trying anything like this. Thanks for your help.

BearButtons, if you haven’t done much with WordPress, just delete the files and use DreamHost’s provided one-click installation for WordPress. It’s located under Goodies/One-Click Installs in your control panel.

MacManX.com

Yeah. That’s where I got it to start with. None of the links in the email they sent me after I downloaded work. They all say page not found.

Check your site via FTP. If the files are there, delete them and try the install again. If they aren’t, just try the install again.

MacManX.com