I cannot get working my DB, so that russian letters are to be shown on site properly.
I have a feeling I missed some DB settings or set them incorrectly. Please, help!
Problem: Russian letters taken from DB are shown as question marks "??" on site. When I look at DB via phpmyadmin I can see them and they're ok, but on site they're just "????".
NOTE: Russian letters, output directly shown correctly, but once taken from DB they become broken.
What have I done:
1) I looked through the forum and I didn't find anything related to my problem.
2) I set collation to "cp1251_general_ci" to all the tables (which is Cyrillic, Windows, multilanguage, including Russian) in my DB.
What do I need:
1) To see correct Russian letters on site in cp1251 encoding
2) To be able to import text files with Russian letters in cp1251 encoding - I have already some.
3) To be able to manage DB via WEB. I have several admin scripts allowing the management of DB, but the result of their work is the same: I get the question marks as result.
Thanks in advance