Problem with Joomla

Hey,
I’ve been having lots of problems with joomla at dreamhost. Firstly, on the one-click-install option, I went through the process following all instructions. I removed the “/.something/” in the installation steps but even after that whenever I install some component it goes to /.kujo/… I’m not sure if that is the cause of all my errors but many components are not working. I think whenever interaction with the database is required it gives errors, but this observation may not be entirely true. What is going wrong? A friend I made on some other forum said that he couls solve this if I gave him my phpmyadmin details but have lost touch with him.

I tried to manually upload the joomla zip and extract it on the server but got timed out at 180 seconds.

I am really frustrated as I have a site up on local server and for the last 3 weeks I haven’t been able to get it up. I finally decided that I would rebuild the site online and due to the above problems even that is not possible.

Please HELP!
Any help whatsoever appreciated.

I just tried to install joomla. Here is what I did.

DH panel --> Goodies --> One-Click Installs

1. select joomla
  2. url: www.yourdomain.com/joomla
  3. create new database now
    Database name: joomla2007
    Hostname: existing hostname
    Users: existing user

and install.

It works fine. The files go to root/domain.com/joomla folder.

Can you specify where the “/.something/” is located?

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of runtime function name. If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/.kujo/parmeet/cas.dreamhosters.com/mambots/content/joscomment.php on line 43

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of runtime function name. If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/.kujo/parmeet/cas.dreamhosters.com/components/com_comment/joscomment/board.php on line 47

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of runtime function name. If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/.kujo/parmeet/cas.dreamhosters.com/components/com_comment/joscomment/form.php on line 98

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of runtime function name. If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in /home/.kujo/parmeet/cas.dreamhosters.com/components/com_comment/joscomment/form.php on line 99

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/.kujo/parmeet/cas.dreamhosters.com/components/com_comment/joscomment/properties.php on line 160

Can u understand what the errors are?

You don’t need to change the default php setting to install joomla. But it seems you need to configure your PHP ini setting which is not an easy task in DH :frowning:

You can also refer to this articlehttp://www.easysoft.com/support/kb/kb00921.html

The solution is to either to:

1. turn allow_call_time_pass_reference On
  2. remove the ‘&’ from the lines above.

Can you check your PHP setting? go to DH panel --> Domains --> Manage Domains --> Edit Web Hosting

Save [color=#CC0000]$97[/color] (max discount) on dreamhost plans by using promo code: [color=#CC0000]97CRAZY[/color].