Problem with Email

I made some changes to the email addresses in the DH web panel, and it’s resulted in my husband no longer getting his email. I screwed it up, and I’m not sure how to fix.

He has his main email account, spakto@artquake.net, using his domain name, set up through an email program, Outlook Express, I think.

I changed the email addresses, so that his main email account would no longer be the catch-all address.

I edited his secondary email address, pete@artquake.net, so that it would forward to his main email account.

Somewhere along the way, I set things so that he wasn’t getting any email at all at spakto@artquake.net.

After realizing this, I tried setting up an email account with spakto@artquake.net to forward to spakto@mail.artquake.net. That didn’t work.

So I tried restoring the settings so that spakto@artquake.net would receive the catch-all. Now emails sent to spakto@artquake.net are bouncing.

Could anyone help me figure out how to rectify this? He wants to get all email sent to spakto@artquake.net and wants to set up the catch-all account so that emails are deleted with bounce.

Many thanks.

How long after you made the changes did you check to email account again?

I am not sure about this, but changes to the account take a while before they are re-set up. I think when you make the changes, it tells you that the changes can take up to two hours…

It may be the problem, and maybe not, but I would keep trying and see if it starts working again.

Gonewthewind, yep, I checked a few hours afterwards and was still experiencing the problem.

When did the email address go dead? I’m wondering if it isn’t a coincidence I have one email address at my domain, that’s dead. It doesn’t bounce, or anything, I just don’t get the messages. Being my primary personal account, this is of course disasterous. This has been going on for a few days now (5 or 6), and I didn’t catch it until recently. I’ve sort of got a work around going by setting that account to forward to another (on the same domain) in addition to going to itself. What a pain.

I’ve been experiencing problems with my email lately… Actually, ever since I came here, but I’ve been too lazy to address it.

Logical Programming
- Need a website? Programming, Designing, Logo Design, Template Design, and MORE!

So it must be the new improved “Filtering Machine”(s)… No Spam, Ever.

Too bad, I hate shopping for Hosts, it’s so painful, and work-like. I’m happy I chose that pay with paypal option this time.

I guess its nice to know I’m not alone at least.

FYI, as a fellow lazy person, I try to avoid including references to where I work/what I do while really being lazy. It makes it much easier to be lazy…

Anyone else? Maybe I’ll start a poll, “Is your Dream Host Hosted email address working” “Yeah, I think so” “uhh, good question” “No”, “Tastes Great”

Your not-dream not-host not-cheerleading not-team

Maybe you could try deleting the email address (Mail->addresses->del) and recreating it. I just created a few email addresses and they seem to be working fine. Just don’t put catch-all when you create the address.