Problem with Capistrano cap setup

software development

Hi,
I hope someone can help me with this. I followed the wiki entry about deploying an app to dreamhost with capistrano and when I get to the step

cap deploy

I get this error message:

/Applications/Locomotive2/Bundles/rmagickRailsSept2006_ppc.locobundle/framework/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/net-ssh-1.0.10/lib/net/ssh/transport/session.rb:88:in `initialize’: getaddrinfo: No address associated with nodename (SocketError)

Does anybody know what I did wrong? It would help a lot if I’d knew where exactly I made a mistake, but this error message tells me nothing.

I know squat, but guessing from the error, it looks like you might have forgotten a domain or machine name in the config. Look for “nodename” - I’m guessing it’s a default.

Maybe that will help until someone brighter than me shows up. Ah, they’re over in the beginner’s forum.

Wholly

Hi, thanx for trying to help.
I didn’t forget a server, that’s one of the things I checked a dozen of times. I even set a few extra options in the deploy.rb that some people suggested for the use with Dreamhost+Capistrano because I thought, maybe then it would work. But maybe I entered some data wrong.

Here are the things I set in my deploy.rb (I changed the usernames and domain names so it is easier to understand)

set :application, "MyWebsitesAddress.com"
set :repository, “http://svn.MyWebsitesAddress.com/#{application}/trunk

role :web, "MyWebsitesAddress.com"
role :app, "MyWebsitesAddress.com"
role :db, “MyWebsitesAddress.com”, :primary => true

set :deploy_to, “/home/MyDreamhostUsername/MyWebsitesAddress.com” # defaults to "/u/apps/#{application}"
set :use_sudo, false
set :checkout, "export"
set :user, 'UsernameOfTheUserSpecifiedForThisDomainAndSubversion’
set(:svn_password) { Capistrano::CLI.password_prompt }

I found the problem. The wiki entry on capistrano on Dreamhost misses an important step, one needs to import his project to the subversion server before he can use capistrano.

I’ll update the wiki entry if I can get capistrano to work now ^^