Problem uploading pdf file ... any help?

I uploaded a pdf file to DH, but can’t see it thro’ the browser. Say by doing www.example.com/mypdf.pdf, I don’t see the file mypdf.pdf (all I see is page not found page, what we get in case of an invalid URL). Can anyone tell me what are the possible reasons … for info, the pdf file size is 8.46 mb,if that’s an issue.

thanks a lot for your time.

Web’s ultimate debate center - www.SharpDebate.com

Are you sure you uploaded it to the root directory of your site?

Also, check the case of your file name (and extension). MyPDF.PDF is considered a different file to mypdf.pdf

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Thanks for your reply Mark. I just figured it out - basically, www.example.com/mypdf.pdf was not working, but when I tried www.example.com/mypdf - that worked perfectly.

thanks for your time once again.

Web’s ultimate debate center - www.SharpDebate.com

Hmmm… That would indicate that the name of the file on the server was mypdf, not mypdf.pdf. Perhaps it was renamed inadvertently when you uploaded it.

Anyway, I am glad you now have it worked out.

No problem, you are more than welcome. :slight_smile:

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )