Problem compiling my PHP

I compiled PHP 4 because a script I use needs fopen to be allowed.

I used the installscript that dreamhost offers on their wiki. In the script, where it asks you to enter your domain,

I enter www.mydomain1.com, so it creates the cgi-bin folder and php.cgi in that domain folder, I then change www.mydomain1.com htaccess file and include:

AddHandler phpFour .php
Action phpFour /cgi-bin/php.cgi

However I want to use my compiled PHP for all my other domains too, so what I thought I need to do was copy the cgi-bin folder into www.mydomain2.com folder, and then change the htaccess for that domain too. However, this does not work, whenever I try to view my php files at www.mydomain2.com, I get the 500 Internal Server Error.

My Error Logs say: Premature end of script headers: /home/myuser/mydomain2.com/cgi-bin/php.cgi

Could someone please help me get this working,

Thanks

anyone have any ideas?

I’m not that familiar with PHP (or any other scripting language), but there’s probably something in the script itself that needs to be configured, not just the .htaccess file. You can probably just install it from the install link you used for the first domain, only have it install in each other domain you want.

Jen
http://www.SassyDevil.com/