Problem changing domain

Never mind! I got it to work somehow :slight_smile: Thanks anyway!

[b]Hello,

I searched in the threads on how to change from one domain to another and followed these steps exactly:[/b]

[quote]The general steps are:
1 - add domain2 as a fully hosted domain via manage domains. IMPORTANT: configure it with the SAME user as domain1
2 - if the user does not have shell access, upgrade the user by editing the user on the Manage Users page.
3 - if this is worpresss, login to the WP admin and change the domain in the settings, you will get an error and your blog will not be available until you have completed the next step.
4 - login to your users shell account and swap the files for domain1 and 2…ie:
mv domain2.com to temp-holder
mv domain1.com domain2.com
mv temp-holder domain2.com

5 - once you are sure you don’t want to reverse this process, you can remove hosting from domain1 and add your redirect or mirror.

Note if you are using wordpress step 3 must precede step 4. If your not familiar with these steps you may want to enlist the help of a friend that has basic linux/unix knowledge to help. since every situation is a little bit different it’s only possible to give the general steps.[/quote]

[b]
Everything seemed like it went fine however, now when I go to the wp login for domain2.com, it takes me to a godaddy parked page. I changed the nameservers for domain2 in godaddy to direct to the dreamhost servers, was that correct? Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!![/b]
[hr]

Always remember any DNS change is not instant. It takes a little bit, usually 12-24 hours, for nameservers across the internet to learn about the change, this is called DNS propagation and isn’t under control of dreamhost or go daddy, its just how the DNS system works.