Problem accessing files on a domain

I am having some problem which I suspect is more likely caused by the ISP instead of the webhost, but since I don’t know what exactly caused this, I don’t know how to get the ISP to help fix it.

I’ve got two domains hosted on my dreamhost account, under the same user name, and I have problem accessing some files under it when I use the domains, but not when I use a dreamhost subdomain.

Eg.
Domain1.com - points to /eozoon/domain1/
Subdomain1.dreamhosters.com - also points to /eozoon/domain1/
When I try to view http://domain1.com/file.jpg, it just loads a broken image icon.
But http://subdomain1.dreamhosters.com/file.jpg loads just fine.
(it’s the exact same file at /eozoon/domain1/file.jpg . and I tried reuploading several times just in case it was caused by some strange transfer error. it also happens to different files with various size from 10kb to 100mb)

In the mean while, domain1.com works in general (it takes me to the right page with some broken images).

This also only affects two or three people out of all the people I asked to help me look at the page.

It has been over two weeks since I set up the account and the domain is registered through dreamhost (and I haven’t touched the DNS settings since) so I don’t think it’s because of the DNS.

Suggestion as to what might have caused the problem would be appreciated.

There are a few other posts in the forum about similar problems. My site, blueskysoccer.com, takes a long time to load. If you view it in Internet Explorer, the images come up as broken. In opera, it loads them but it takes forever. So maybe you should try different browsers to see if there is any difference.

The theory seems to be that there is a problem with one of the NFS mounts (the server where your files are if you don’t know what that is). I would agree with that theory. Everything that comes from the filesystem (i.e., images) seems slow or broken. The database driven things like page templates and content are fast.

Take a look at some of the other problems listed in this forum to get an idea what others are seeing. It’ll probably give you a lot of ideas. If you think you have the same problem as others, log a support ticket with Dreamhost.