Private Whois?

Does the latest newsletter mean all domain registrations are now going to include Private Whois registration? It was not clear from the letter or anywhere on the domain registration page.

When you register a new domain through DreamHost, the default is to use the free WHOIS privacy service. However, you can choose not to use this service and enter your own contact details before registering (it just takes a single click).

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

I’m interested in switching this on for my hosted domains.

How do I go about that?

Simply go to Domains -> Registrations, tick the relevant domains under the Modify Whois? column then click the Modify whois for selected button.

Now make sure all four tick-boxes at the top are selected (Owner, Admin, Tech and Billing), make sure Use DreamHost’s free WHOIS privacy service… is selected then click the Update contact info for this domain! button. Thats all there is to it. :slight_smile:

Note, it can take a little while for the changes to take place.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

Ah, thanks.

I registered my domains through another service. Do I need to do this through them?

Yes, you will need to configure the domain privacy through whoever you registered the domains with, if they offer this feature.

Mark

You can transfer registrations of domains from another registrar to Dreamhost, but you have to pay for another year’s registration at the time with DH (unless you haven’t used the one free domain that comes with your plan, in which case you get to transfer one for free).

– Dan