Prevent simultaneous download?

Hi! Does anyone know of any free scripts that will prevent users from downloading more than one file at a time based on their IP address? I’ve found Bandwidth Manager but the script isn’t free… I know I can set the max number of connections via htaccess but that’s not the same.

I really need something that prevent simultaneous downloads so any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

The obvious question is why? What’s wrong with simultaneous downloads? That being said, it shouldn’t be too difficult to build something. A simple MySQL table holding the IP address and a timestamp that includes a reasonable expiry time that can then be checked before allowing a new download would allow you to throttle the worst offenders.

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

Well, with lots of people accessing a site at the same time, you wouldn’t want it to be bogged down by some users hogging the bandwidth.

I don’t know how to script so… =(

Don’t forget that DreamHost gives you a lot of bandwidth.

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

Yeah but actually, this isn’t for my site hosted with DH. =x

Oh well. You’re buggered then, aren’t you?

Simon’s website

I was being helpful. I just don’t think it is reasonable to give support assistance for domains not hosted by DreamHost. I noticed you didn’t help either, oh wise one.

Simon’s website

I think that’s the second time you’ve called me “Seiler”, B :cool: B? My name is Simon, and my username is scjessey. “Seiler” is somebody else (Mike). You may call me Simon, scjessey, Sir, or even Your Majesty if you wish.

Simon’s website