Premature end of script headers

Hi, when i upload a file,i took internal server error.I have looked error.log.I see that “Premature end of script headers”.What does it mean?How i solve problem?Help please.

I’ve seen that when your site is offline, or your site is throttled because it’s using too many resources.

You ought to contact DreamHost’s customer support about your problem.

Peace,
Gene Steinberg
Co-Host, The Paracast
http://www.theparacast.com
[b]My DreamHost Promo Plan—Use the code: [color=#CC0000]ROCKS[b][/color]

There can be any number of reasons that can happen, and sometimes it can be difficult to determine the cause of the problem. Here is what the Apace documentation has to say about it. It would help a lot to know what kind of script you were trying to run (PHP, perl, etc.) and possibly see the code.

Another possible, and common, cause of this is uploading files created on Windws systems without accounting for the difference in the line endings between Windws and *nix (DH runs Debian Linux).

In short, without more details it is very hard for me to know exactly why your script isn’t working.

Here is the list of “most common” reasons for this error:

1. Make sure you have Unix line breaks.
  2. Make sure the text is ASCII.
  3. Make sure any “shebang!” lines in your script are correct (perl script points to #!/usr/bin/perl, etc)
  4. On DH, Make sure that your script, and the directory in which it resides) has 755 permissions.

–rlparker

Are you uploading this file through a PHP script?
If so, how big is the file?