Potential PHP Setting

software development

Hello. I just moved a site from a hosting company to my account on Dreamhost. I am having an issue which I think may be a simple setting but I cannot figure it out. I am not a programmer.

Anyways on my site it has .php pages and in those pages the content is filled in dynamically by a rotation script but, when I moved it to this Dreamhost it is not working. The content is in a file and has about 4 dozen articles.

I am also having the same issue on some banner ads that rotate and reside in a source file as well. Some reason or another my pages cannot call up these items. The rest of the page works fine and displays properly with the above exceptions.

Maybe there is a security issue with Dreamhost. This seems like really basic function in my mind and I know it works well on the other host.

Thanks in advance for you help

Scott

Check the script to see if it is grabbing data by using a URL (something with http:// in front of it) instead of a local or absolute path. Are there any errors being displayed?

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]

It has produced the following error

The error returned is :
Warning: main() [function.main]: URL file-access is disabled in the server configuration in /home/.dickory/voipservice/voipinternetservice.com/ppctest.php on line 7

This error indicates that Simon was correct, your script is accessing the file using a URL and this is disabled in the default DreamHost PHP install for security reasons.

As Simon suggested, changing the script to use a local path instead of a full URL (with http:// etc.) should rectify the problem.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost plans using [color=#CC0000]PRICESLASH[/color] promo code (Click for DreamHost promo code details)

You can read about exactly why this error occurs on the DreamHost Wiki.

Simon Jessey | Keystone Websites
Save $97 on yearly plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY97[/color]