Possible to install Bugzilla?

apps

Hi,
I’m pretty new to this stuff but I was wondering if it was possible to install bugzilla on my DreamHost account. The installation instructions make it seem like I need a little more access to the hosting computer than I do but maybe I’m wrong?

Thanks,
Rob

I’m pretty sure it requires mod_perl, which isn’t supported in our shared hosting environment. Search the “archives” of this forum for Bugzilla - I think this has been brought up in the past.

MySQL database server (3.22.5 or greater)
Perl
Bundle::Bugzilla
The web server of your choice. Apache is highly recommended.

That’s what the requirements are, but it requires you to do some stuff with mysql itself (setting permissions for a bug account and such) what do you think?

I always thought mod_perl was required, but it doesn’t appear that it is. Probably the best bet is to just try, and then see if / where you get stuck.

Ok, I need to do some stuff through the shell though I think but I can’t see my sites folders from in the shell itself? Am I doing something wrong? I get put in a home directory with just Maildir and logs. Why can’t I see my homepage folder / bugzilla folder.

Thanks again

Are you logging in as the right user?

Im an idiot, just ignore me :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks.

Well I can’t seem to do:
Begin by giving the MySQL root user a password. MySQL passwords are limited to 16 characters.
bash# mysql -u root mysql
mysql> UPDATE user SET Password=PASSWORD(’<new_password>’) WHERE user=‘root’;
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,INDEX, ALTER,CREATE,DROP,LOCK TABLES,CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES,REFERENCES ON bugs.* TO bugs@localhost IDENTIFIED BY ‘<bugs_password>’;
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

If you are using an older version of MySQL, the LOCK TABLES and CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES permissions need to be removed from the list:

mysql> GRANT SELECT,INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE,INDEX, ALTER,CREATE,DROP,REFERENCES ON bugs.* TO bugs@localhost IDENTIFIED BY ‘<bugs_password>’;
mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

or execute the checksetup.pl so im guessing it’s not possible. Was worth a shot though.

Again my mistake, making some progress.