Pop3 & smtp

Hi,
I have created a new mailbox under my domain (info@mydomain.com).

is it possible to read emails sent to this address through pop3 & send through smtp? (i.e with outlook)

Yes, of-course, simply use mail.mydomain.com as the server for both POP3 and SMTP.

Since I personally handle all the email for my domains, I find it easier to create a single mailbox for each domain and forward all the required email addresses (webmaster@ postmaster@ abuse@ etc.) to this single mailbox. I then use Outlook to retrieve all the mail from this single mailbox.

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )

10X…
mail.mydomain.com was the info I was looking 4…

You could use your ISP’s SMTP info to avoid possible blocks from AOL, Comcast, etc… when they happen.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

I agree that postmaster and abuse are “required” since some mail systems won’t accept mail without them set up. But webmaster? I don’t have webmaster addresses set up. Should I?

Terry

yes of course, the SMTP is not the problem here…

a webmaster@ address is not required, but I always add one for my domains, as it seems to be the first address people try when they have a comment or suggestion regarding the site itself.

Mark

Save [color=#CC0000]$50[/color] on DreamHost hosting using promo code [color=#CC0000]SAVEMONEY[/color] ( Click for promo code details )