Point MySQL database to new domain

Hey gang, I have a Bludomain site hosted by Bludomain (they are high-end flash-based galleries for professional photographers). I am changing my brand and domain and have moved to Dreamhost. My original site and whatnot are all still on Bludomain’s servers while I build my new site.

Long story short - I have copied my file structure to my new domain and imported the MySQL database from my previous domain. I can’t get them to point to each other and I am not sure how to do that. I left the structure the same, except for the blindingly obvious - it is going from www.pegasus-photography.com to www.laurennicolephoto.com

I am not contacting Bludomain for help because they are notoriously EVIL and hate their customers, plus they would charge me $80 (if they bothered to help me at all) to transfer my files. I also have a feeling that they’d say, “new domain name, too bad, you have to re-purchase your flash template.”

I don’t know a thing about MySQL or PHP but I’m hoping there is a way that I can tell my new MySQL database where to find these files. Can anyone help?

Major thanks in advance!!

For reference: I followed these instructions up until steps 5 & 6 because it doesn’t make any sense to me.

http://www.symbolphoto.com/blog/2009/05/transferring-bludomain-sites/

Don’t know if this means anything… this is the error I get when I try to go to any of the pages.

[quote]Could not connect to MySQL: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2)

The site is currently experiencing technical difficulties. We appologize for any inconvenience.[/quote]

That error message means you don’t have a MySQL hostname set correctly in your site’s configuration.