PmWiki .

software development

Hello all,

I’m in the process of moving some existing sites onto the dreamhost servers. One of the issues I’ve encountered is transferring a wiki I created. I believe PHP is implemented differently on dreamhost, and I’m not sure how to get everything over such that it will continue to work. I’m using PmWiki, [pmwiki.org/] which should be fairly straightforward.

But as you can probably tell, I’m not a programmer. So, any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks much!

• Dave

The implementation of PHP at Dreamhost is not that much different from the normal implementation you see at other hosting providers. Except that Dreamhost implements PHP as a CGI module as a standard instead of a Apache module. You can change this in your control panel though so this shouldn’t be a problem. BUT if you didn’t change this option, or if you don’t want to change this option (for security reasons) then you might have to look at the PmWiki website that has a section with some details about installing PmWiki when the PHP binary is run as CGI.