Pligg

apps

Hey,

I just noticed that they added Pligg as a one-click installed CMS. Does anyone have any experience or heard anything about it?

Thanks!

BTW, I must be behind the times, I remember they added dotProject, but I missed the adding of Pligg, PhpGedView, and Moodle. Did those go in at the same time?

Free unique IP and $67 off with code [color=#CC0000]LMIP67[/color] or use [color=#CC0000]LM97[/color] for $97 off. Click for other Dreamhost coupons / promo codes

I’ve played with pligg - it seems to be a reasonably well functioning digg clone (I just don’t have a use for such a beast :wink: ).

Yeah, those others got added at around the same time …

–rlparker

I have used it for a bit. Its quite stable and works well.

The major downsides I found are when updating to a new version the themes tended to change slightly from version to version and changing the text in some parts involves editing a file while some parts can be done from the control panel, this means having to edit that file and the themes again after an update.

As its still technically a beta these problems will hopefully be sorted as it becomes more complete.

The site I had wasn’t going anywhere so I ditched it for now so I can’t actually link to an example of it in action.

$97 DISCOUNT [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color], Double bandwidth or disk [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2BW[/color] or [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2SPACE[/color] More codes

Is it a high cpu and memory consume application ?

Need promo code? Use [color=#00CC00]Supernova[/color] (you get $97 off on yearly plans): SIGN UP NOW !

Check out instructions on how to apply the code !

Doesn’t seem too bad as it seems to have a fair caching mechanism though it seems to benefit a bit from using fast cgi which you can set up if you follow this http://wiki.dreamhost.com/PHP_FastCGI

$97 DISCOUNT [color=#CC0000]DISCOM97[/color], Double bandwidth or disk [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2BW[/color] or [color=#CC0000]DISCOMX2SPACE[/color] More codes

Never know of this stuff before. But seems promising to be applied. Anyone using this for Joomla ?

Lensman, thanks for the great information :wink:

Supernova

Need promo code? Use [color=#00CC00]Supernova[/color] (you get $97 off on yearly plans): SIGN UP NOW !

Check out instructions on how to apply the code !