Please help -- install of phpbb fails

apps

I get the following message when I try to install phpbb:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in /home/.odalis/foetry/foetry.com/bb/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.odalis/foetry/foetry.com/bb/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.odalis/foetry/foetry.com/bb/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

When I look at the support forums at phpbb.com it seems there are lots of people having the same problem, but everyone has a different answer. I thought if I posted at dreamhost forums, maybe someone would recognize this and tell me how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

In order to access a MySQL database, you have to have a connection to a MySQL daemon (server). This daemon could be running on either the same machine as your script (local), or on another machine (remote).

With DreamHost, the MySQL databases are on another machine, and thus a connection to a remote machine is needed.

The error message indicates that a local connection was tried and failed. This means your script did not try a remote connection.

You would want to check your phpbb configuration and make sure you setup the database information correctly - perhaps the hostname field is blank or something.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML CSS