Plain text password

Hi,

I’ve noticed that on the DH control panel, user passwords are shown in plain text. Is there some way to disable this? I did try to look for a setting (like a toggle) but could not find one. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Nope, there isn’t a way to disable it unfortunately.
There is a suggestion going in the panel though that seeks to disable it. You might want to vote on that :wink:

Thanks for the info.

[quote]Nope, there isn’t a way to disable it unfortunately.

[/quote]

Hmm, I’d have thought this would be an essential feature in terms of security…

[quote]There is a suggestion going in the panel though that seeks
to disable it. You might want to vote on that

[/quote]

Sorry for another dumb question - where do I go to vote on this?

Cheers.

Go to “DH panel>suggestions” and choose “users-passwords” on the drop down list and click on filter suggestions button. Then vote your desired suggestion…

Promo code:[color=#CC0000]MAXDH=$97off[/color]
6D7=7domain $7#UIP67=1 IP $67#2XDS=200%disk

You can vote in the panel under home > suggestions. Just search for what you want

Get [color=#00CC00]$97 DISCOUNT[/color] with [color=#CC0000]DISCOMBO97[/color] > More Codes

If someone has access to your panel, you’re pretty much screwed at that point anyway.

If someone already has access to your panel, and they’re drilling down to a specific user… they’re already in. Even with hidden passwords, they could still go ahead and add or delete users while they’re there.

:stuck_out_tongue: Save up to $96 at Dreamhost with ALMOST97 promo code (I get $1).
Or save $97 with THEFULL97.

I agree with that assessment completely and, therefore, I’m really not that all that concerned about the plaintext password availability from the panel.

To me, it’s really only an issue if I am giving other users access to the panel, and that can still be managed by careful distribution of privileges.

–rlparker