Pixelpost

Hello!

Was wondering if any of you managed to get Pixelpost up and running on your Dreamhost powered site. I seem to have alot of trouble getting it set up, with all sorts of weird errors even though it should be rather fuss-free. (Like Wordpress.)

Was wondering if it’s an incompatibility with Dreamhost, buggy software, or just me that is the cause of it.

Help anyone?

I just now installed it without a hitch (version 1.5), following just the instructions in the installation read-me. I’m no Pixelpost expert, but definitely plan on using it now- it’s very lightweight and looks easily customizable. Couple things you could check: Is your database already created? Are the settings for it correctly set up in you pixelpost.php file? Did you create the two directories, images and thumbnails, and make them writable?

~Chell

I just tried installing pixelpost on one of my subdomains.

The following errors keep popping out:

Code:
Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_5anaujm59e2pviiktlp5ag3qb1, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/.crybaby/indestore/indestore.mybrownslippers.com/gallery/admin/index.php on line 36

Warning: Unknown: open(/tmp/sess_5anaujm59e2pviiktlp5ag3qb1, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Because of this, i can only login if i check the “Log me in automtically…” box, if not they will keep redirecting me to the login page. And when i’m in the admin panel, they keep redirecting me back to the login page again.

Anyone knows what’s going on?

After looking through the forum at similar problems, I wonder if “tmp” is writable. Maybe a support request would clear it up.

~Chell

heyhey…was just looking around trying to learn about what pixelpost actually is, and, came across this which may be of use to you if you’re still having difficulty.

Very clear and concise directions on how to load it on dreamhost. hope this helps.

http://wiki.pixelpost.org/index.php/How_do_you_setup_Pixelpost_in_a_dreamhost_hosted_website?