PHPMyAdmin

Hi, I’m trying to setup phpmyadmin to administrate one of my databases. I have set the host to be localhost.domain.com and the username and password appropriately but am getting no joy. I also have setup phpbb on the same server and that is working fine with the same connection details to the mysql database.

I’d appreciate if anyone could help.

Thanks

btw here’s the error I’m getting:

"Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /phpmyadmin on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."

There’s your problem right there. When you setup a hostname for a database, it creates a subdomain for you. For example, mysql.yourdomain.com. You cannot connect to the database with localhost, like you would on a local box.

Simon Jessey
Keystone Websites | si-blog

Why are you installing your own copy of phpMyAdmin when it’s already provided for you?

If you want useful replies, ask smart questions.

Yeah but I put localhost as the host meaning localhost.domain.com should be right.

Where???

“where???”

Do you mean where is phpmyadmin allready installed? If that’s what your asking, then it’s at the host name you set up when you set up the database through the panel.

-Matttail

You’re quite the genius.

Cheers

well, I like to think so from time to time, but I bet lots of people here disagree with you though.

-Matttail