phpMyAdmin Trouble - can't do anything!

I’ve been having weird troubles with phpMyAdmin the past two days. I had been browsing a table for a while, deleting a few rows, when it stopped responding. I could browse all the other tables in the database, but not the one I had been using. I waited a few hours, then contacted support because it still didn’t work.

Now I can’t browse or use any table in any of my databases! I can log into phpMyAdmin and view the list of tables, but if I click them nothing happens (in Firebird). In IE, I get an error message ([code=SERVER_RESPONSE_CLOSE] The server closed the connection while reading the response. Contact your system administrator.)

It’s been over a day and I still haven’t heard back from support, and I’m still 164 in queue. I really want to get into phpMyAdmin and I can’t. I’m not familiar with other methods of editing mySQL data, so I have no other option right now.

Also, from what I can tell, I can’t create and add rows to the database using a PHP script, but I can update existing rows. All info is still in my tables, though. I’ve got fairly recent backups, so I’m OK there, but I don’t want to lose and re-add my data, that would really be annoying.

Anybody else having this trouble? Or have any ideas?

I had trouble with my blogging program communicating to the mySQL database over the weekend as well. It just started working again yesterday (12/2/03) for some reason. I have no idea what happened (I didn’t make any changes) and neither did the DreamHost folks. But, they did respond to my queries

And now it’s back down again. What is happening??? This is only happening for my subdomain.

bay.takoyaki.org

The web service for bay.takoyaki.org must be improperly configured, as I only get EOF when trying to submit an HTTP request using telnet or libwww-perl. DNS resolves to the same address as takoyaki.org but it appears something on that machine does not like Host: bay.takoyaki.org at all, as not specifying that header returns a normal response with the “service is unavailable” message.

Hmm…you didn’t happen to try using the same subdomain for both a web site and the mysql database did you? Just curious…
:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML CSS

Hmmm. no, I have a different name for the mySQL database. The strange thing is, the site has been working fine since maybe May or June. Only since last weekend have I had trouble.

I can access other files at the subdomain (like hitting my css file directly, or http://bay.takoyaki.org/test.html), but any .php file that talks to the mysql database has problems.

any other ideas?

Well, now it is saying that that domain is being parked with DreamHost.

:cool: Perl / MySQL / HTML+CSS

Yeah, that was me. I decided to park it, then switch it back to fully host to see if that would have any effect. But it is the same. :frowning:

I think the next thing I am going to try is to do a fresh install of my blogging program on another subdomain, then see if that one can communicate with the mySQL database. Maybe that is where the problem lies.