Phpmyadmin login issues

I’ve signed up with dreamhost recently and am trying to setup my website. I’ve managed to upload my files, created the sqlhost, database and sqluser. The last step remaining is to import the database.

But when i try to log into phpmyadmin, i am unable to login. I get the following error message:

Cannot log in to the MySQL Server
mysql_real_connect(): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known

mysqli_real_connect(): (HY000/2002): php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or Service not known

When I type in MySQL hostname , I’ve tried both the hostname as well as hostname.domainname.
Could someone please assist as i am not technical ?

I’ve tried to log a support ticket but am not getting any responses from dreamhost support team which is very disappointing.

Thank you
Ann

You may need to wait a little while for the DB domain address to be valid. Once you have an active DB connection domain you can use that to instantly work on any new databases you create (as a rule of thumb all your DB domains point to the same DB server).

Thank you but it has been more than 3 days since the domain was registered.

BTW should we use just the host name as such during login or should we put in hostname.domainname?

Find info Here and scroll down to Logging into your database.

When first creating a database the form will ask you to choose a Hostname to use for the DB connection. The default is mysql.domain.tld. You can check the address at Panel > MySQL Databases

Use that address in your application’s config for hostname.

Possible reasons are-

a) user has been locked.

b) There are too many users more than specified.

c) Your System/Ip (rights were provided to which) has been changed.

Please follow below steps-

Step1: Please server connect with root user and check if you are able to use your DB.

Step2: execute below commands.

mysql> flush hosts;

Now try to connect from phpmyadmin if success then fine other wise check if you are getting any IP related error if yes then check if that ip have required permissions.

Other Reasons may be

opened_files_limit crossed whatever you mentioned in your configuration file.
disk full.
too many thread opened/too many connections.
your login_user has been locked due to wrong password same with mycoles login not working input a certain times (limit mentioned in configuration file default is 10).
mysql port (default is 3306) is not open on DB server from outside.
user does not have permissions from your system IP. etc.

It’s very simple method.

in host section use this : mysql.xyz.com

If incase again same problem then visit on your panel and contact with chat support they’ll definitely help you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.