PHPLinks2

apps

I have installed PHPLinks2 and continue to receive the following:

Warning: exec() has been disabled for security reasons in *****/lovemywebsite.com/phplinks/include/functions.php on line 34

Any suggestions on how I can resolve this or is there a better links management written in PHP that you’ve found that works with Dreamhost? I really want to try and stay with scripts that operate well on Dreamhost that I can offer to my clients. Thanks in advance for your time and feedback!

Leah :slight_smile:

Links2 from Gossamer Threads has now got a PHP wrapper for it’s Perl based script.

• wil

[quote]Links2 from Gossamer Threads has now got a
PHP wrapper for it’s Perl based script.

[/quote]

My goodness, that sounds efficient. I suppose the next version will malloc a couple hundred meg of memory that they have no need for.

Thanks very much for your great feedback and recommendations. Always learning something new here :slight_smile:

Leah

Leah :slight_smile:

Huh? The script is written in Perl to take advantage of Perl’s power over PHP (my bias is also here), but the front end can now be displayed using static HTML, PHP or Perl.

• wil

Sure! Why run one program that takes a huge footprint of memory, when you can load a second program as well, one that’s even bigger, that can’t do anything that the first program cannot do?

Sorry, I really don’t understand you here. The backend of the program is completly independant from the frontend. The backend is powered by Perl. The frontend can be either HTML (static – no “programs” involved here), PHP or Perl.

• wil