PhpGedView - Need Assistance

software development

We need some assistance installing software on our server so that we can dynamically insert fields into PDFs generated from our landing page. Our programmer says we need “a LAMP (linux apache mysql php) server administrator who is expert in installing and configuring components for LAMP.” Can anyone make a recommendation?

Which extra components does your programmer believe are required?

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

How To Install PHP.INI / ionCube on DreamHost

Hello, this is the information I have been given from Dreamhost and from our HTML programmer:

Dreamhost says: "This installation requires the use of PEAR to get the PECL extension setup. For more info about PEAR at DreamHost, check out our wiki article here: http://wiki.dreamhost.com/PEAR."

The programmer says: “u basically need LAMP (linux apache mysql php) server administrator who is expert in installing and configuring components for LAMP.”

Does this answer your question?

Thanks!

I was curious as to which extension the programmer thinks you require in order to have PhpGedView function correctly. The requirements on the PGV site only mention PHP, GD2, and zlib.

Installing PEAR is quite straight forward at Dreamhost. You might also be able to phpize the required extension during the PHP build (depending on what this as yet unidentified extension is).

Good Morning:

Some of the information I provided you came from what Dreamhost support says is needed. This is much as the programmer says, and I just confirmed once again: “we have no idea about server administration. we can just tell u the module required for the work needs to be done. we need pdflib installed on server to do any pdf programming”

This was his reply when I asked him specifically about which extension is needed…I hope this helps…as you can tell, I have no knowledge on this myself.

Ahh righto, pdflib.

You can build & load it as an extension on Dreamhost :slight_smile:

That is what we’d be looking at outsourcing. Do you know who does that type of work?

Just about anyone who has answered more than 10 questions in this forum lol.

I might be able to put some time aside and help you out.