Phpfox

apps

I just want to make sure that whether phpfox installation will work on dreamhost servers or not. I want to use their music module and video modules on my account. Please visit their software requirements

http://www.phpfox.com/konsort/requirements/

Pls let me know before I am buying this product

Thanks and regards,

Shaiju V Raman

I no longer see the requirement for register_globals on in the system requirements, but I have not tried to install the script on DreamHost (it is not free or open software, and I don’t have a license).

If you want to use the video modules you will have to install additional software on DreamHost:

FFmpeg-PHP

Mplayer + Mencoder

flv2tool

Libogg + Libvorbis

LAME MP3 Encoder

… and many find installing these to be difficult - DreamHost will not install them for you, as these are “third party” applications.

Additionally, you will have to modify your PHP installation to support:

• PHP post_max_size - 100M
  • PHP max_input_time - -1
  • PHP upload_max_filesize - 100M

… again, you can do this, but it is not supported and DreamHost will not do it for you.

All that said, the phpfox “test” program available on their website reports that, at least for the basic application (no video), it should run on DreamHost. Here is a screencap of the test program run on a DreamHost shared server:

http://www.girlygoatsgonewild.com/phpfoxtest.jpg

–rlparker

Thanks rlparker… I testd the script available from phpfox and run sucessfully. But my worry is not that.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
If you want to use the video modules you will have to install additional software on DreamHost:

FFmpeg-PHP

Mplayer + Mencoder

flv2tool

Libogg + Libvorbis

LAME MP3 Encoder

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the quoted one is my worry. Can I install this on dreamhost shared enviornment? In order to run sucessful community website I would like to install this on my website. That’s why I posted a query in this forum.

[quote]If you want to use the video modules you will have to install additional software on DreamHost:

FFmpeg-PHP

Mplayer + Mencoder

flv2tool

Libogg + Libvorbis

LAME MP3 Encoder

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the quoted one is my worry. Can I install this on dreamhost shared environment?[/quote]
I do not know if you can, or not … you are allowed to install those things on DreamHost and there is no reason why you shouldn’t be able to install them.

Others have installed them.

That said, they seem to be very difficult for most people to install on DreamHost and there have been many requests for help installing them on these forums.

Whether or not you can install them is a matter of your skill in the shell, your understanding of how such things are done, and your ability to troubleshoot. :wink:

–rlparker