Phpbb3 rc1

apps

I’m curious if anyone else has been using PHPBB3 RC1 yet. I had been using the Beta5 just fine. However it has recently begun having rather large page load times. Now, I’ve installed RC1(Both as a phpBB2 conversion, and as a vanilla install). I’m getting the same problem from it. The load time on the pages is clocking in at 35 seconds normally, but sometimes goes up to 1.5 minutes, according to the phpBB debug information.

Nobody else seems to be having these problems on the phpBB forums, so I’m assuming it’s something at dreamhost. I’ve tried running it on two different users, 2 different versions of PHP, etc.

The debug tell me that the problem is occurring with “phpbb3_styles_imageset_data”. Specifically, this is the issue that is showing up:

"

Query #5
SELECT * FROM phpbb3_styles_imageset_data WHERE imageset_id = 2 AND image_lang IN(‘en’, ‘’)
Id Select Type Table Type Possible Keys Key Key Len Ref Rows Extra
1 SIMPLE phpbb3_styles_imageset_data ref i_id i_id 1 const 78 Using where

Before: 0.13772s | After: 0.13994s | Elapsed: 0.00222s

Query #6
DELETE FROM phpbb3_styles_imageset_data WHERE imageset_id = 2 AND image_lang = 'en’
Id Select Type Table Type Possible Keys Key Key Len Ref Rows Extra
1 SIMPLE phpbb3_styles_imageset_data ref i_id i_id 1 const 78 Using where

Affected rows: 0 | Before: 35.16160s | After: 35.16210s | Elapsed: 0.00050s

"

Any ideas? Anyone having success here with phpbb3?

Wait 'till the stable version of phpBB3 to come out. With lots of other hosts, phpBB3 is just a foo unstable.

Just keep using phpBB2, and wait until the stable comes out.

It should be out hopefully soon enough before you get mad.