phpBB3 One-Click update broken

apps

Has anybody had success with a one-click upgrade of phpBB? When mine runs, common.php has a problem with this line (and probably all lines similar):
require($phpbb_root_path . ‘includes/acm/acm_’ . $acm_type . ‘.’ . $phpEx);

It doesn’t pick up the $acm_type variable, so it ends up trying to include acm_.php, which doesn’t exist.

Are we supposed to run an update script? The Install directory does not exist in the One-Click.

-Scott

I ended up doing a New Install and then imported my database and settings from the site during the phpBB update process. That was pretty painless.

-Scott

I’d love to know how you were able to import your phpBB2 db into phpBB3. Our site’s dev team has been having a helluva time with moving the old db from another host and then getting into phpBB3.

(theother) Scott

There’s an install directory in 3 that includes an Update script. It asked my where my old DB was and my original 2 installation and then handled the update from there.

-Scott

So, if I understand you correctly, you simply followed the instructions provided on the phpbb.com site. I believe the instructions tell you to install phpbb 3 in a new location and run the updating script located in the install folder.
Is that what you did? Worked flawlessly?
I was reading up on this at the phpbb site, and I thought I’d come here and see if anyone made the jump to 3. I do not see a one-click install here as the other Scott eluded to.
Oh, just reading the instructions, I was curious, do you have to start another SQL database?

Since I already had a phpBB2 installation, I tried the one-click to update it, and it failed. So I created a new subdomain and a new db and manually installed phpBB3 there.

During that installation, it asked me where my old stuff was, so I pointed it to the BB2 database, and the .old BB2 directory and it updated my new installation. Then I renamed the domain as .new and renamed the subdomain as my domain and went with it.

My manual BB3 installation took the place of the failed One-click BB3 directory, and is using the new BB3 database. I don’t know what will happen when they get one-click running again, but if BB3 has its own updating mechanism (a la WordPress), it won’t matter.

-Scott