Phpbb3 no streaming?

apps

i have a phpbb3 forum, we have a “jokes” section for funny video’s audio etc. there set to load in a media player and then play. this was working fine untill about 2 days ago, now the files wont play unless you download them. any idea’s?

and no, this is not copywrited material.

What’s the URL? We like jokes. And I don’t have any ideas until I see how you’ve implemented the streaming.

-Scott

thestfunews.com/forum

COPPA is enabled as a good portion of the jokes are adult in nature.

ive just used the built in system. in this case the files are set as windows media, ive tryd to set them as quick time, and even realplayer. but they still dont play unless you download them. ive tryd in firefox and i.e. and done the usual basic steps of clearing cache and resetting the cookies.

Could you provide a temporary user/pass so we can view it? :slight_smile:

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

ah ofcourse i didnt think of that, sorry.

user dhuser
pass dhrules

seems theres allso a problem with the coppa links, there reversed, i say im over 13 i get the coppa letter, i say im under 13 i dont :expressionless: that could be a problem lol

What has just been seen cannot be unseen :open_mouth:

Have you tried viewing the pages with the default skin?

Another thing I noticed was that when browsing the Jokes forum with Opera the music attachments automatically download in the background whether you want them to or not, so that might be something else to take a look at as well.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

yes, same effect, i allso noticed the download action, its not streaming them it seems. guess ill have to find some sort of mod but i have no idea what to search for.

Have you altered your .htaccess file lately?

My website

the forum is installd under joomla using rokbridge as a “wrapper” i havent alterd the htaccess for the forum itself but i do have SEF enabled for joomla.

ya got me to thinking about the htaccess so i lookd. in the “forum” folder there is an htaccess. it looks like this.

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase /forum/
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteRule (.+).php$ index.php?rb_v=$1&%{QUERY_STRING}

and the joomla htaccess is the standard one that comes with it. plus the add’d code for the stats folder. and this line that lets the wrapper work…

########## Begin - RokBridge - phpBB3 edition SEF Section

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/index.php
RewriteRule ^/forum/ forum/index.php [L]

########## End - RokBridge - phpBB3 edition SEF Section

what i dont get is, it was working “ok” a few days ago, and then suddenly blamo, they wont play, the fact it downloads the entire file first is a tad disconcerting, i lookd at the transfer stats and ive easyly used 100MB’s in a single day.