phpBB3 change core image path

apps

Hi,
since the phpbb community board is so bad in responding to threads I have to ask here.

So far i’ve managed to change the path for smilies that are displayed (from domain.com to images.domain.com)
But the only problem i have now is the avatar. I have tried to find out how to get the avatar to work, but I can’t find out how.

What I want the avatar to do is when user upload it store it in the images.domain.com location and then use that to display.
The reason I want to do it this way is that there will be sub boards (board.domain.com, another.domain.com) and they will all use the same user/group tables and so I need to get the avatar to work on all the boards :frowning: But so far I haven’t managed to get it working on the main one.

Could someone please help me? :slight_smile:
And hope you understand what I mean :slight_smile:

thank you.

Christian || PhaxeNor

Install does this:

INSERT INTO phpbb_config (‘avatar_gallery_path’, ‘images/avatars/gallery’, 0)

It might be just an admin settings change. At worst you could phpMyAdmin it by selecting phpbb_config and browsing through the data. I’ll be working on a PHPBB3 site later today so I’ll try to remember to take a look about and report back here if you haven’t figured it out already.

Maximum Cash Discount on any plan with MAXCASH

Thanks for reply.

I tried that, but no luck :frowning:

The settings panel doesn’t allow …/images.domain.com/smilies

My folder strucker is like this:

ROOT
– SITENAME
– -- domain.com <-- Main phpBB3 board
– -- sub.domain.com <-- Sub board
– -- images.domain.com <-- Smilies and avatars.

So I still haven’t figured out how to get the upload to path to work. I’ve also set the correct folder permissions.

But I found a part on line 279 in include/functions_upload.php

$this->destination_path = $phpbb_root_path . $destination;

I tried to change the $phpbb_root_path to …/images.domain.com/ and it still wouldn’t work. But this time the avatar I tried to upload wasn’t save anywhere.

So I still haven’t figured it out.

Christian || PhaxeNor

I’ve not tried this, but how about using UNIX symbolic links?

Create that /home/phaxenor/images directory, then for each Images directory, make it a link. Use command line to go to each phpBB installation, then:
ln -s /home/phaxenor/images .

I only suggest this because I suspect that phpBB won’t let you leave its sandbox.

-Scott

Thanks for the short cut :slight_smile:
It worked. And it should be a lot easier and quicker for me to get the site up (and more sub boards as the time goes)

Thank you sdayman and sXi :slight_smile:

Christian || PhaxeNor