phpBB2

apps

I tried following the steps in a faq support post somewhere on this site, but I still can’t get my forums to install. First I uploaded phpBB2 to my site, and changed the config file as writable to all (666). Next I created a database named contemptor, my database server hostname named mysql. I created a user named contemptor as well. Heres a screenshot of install- eternitysedge.com/images/installerror.JPG Any ideas?

Error message-
Warning: mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/.garibaldi/contemptor/eternitysedge.com/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.garibaldi/contemptor/eternitysedge.com/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.garibaldi/contemptor/eternitysedge.com/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

You rock! Didn’t remember doing that with my old site, thanks!

I am getting the same error.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host ‘detoxphpbb.the-detox.com’ (1) in /home/.landis/davidhjohnson/the-detox.com/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.landis/davidhjohnson/the-detox.com/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.landis/davidhjohnson/the-detox.com/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 331

Could not connect to the database

I have created a database called thedetox with an alias of detoxphpbb.

I cannot resolve the address detoxphpbb.the-detox.com and also cannot connect to the MySQL db with phpbb2.

http://www.the-detox.com/Downloads/Screenshots/php_error/phpbb_setup.JPG

Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL Server Host 'mysql.calgarysfinest.net/ ’ (1) in /home/.landers/calgary/calgarysfinest.net/fourm/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.landers/calgary/calgarysfinest.net/fourm/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.landers/calgary/calgarysfinest.net/fourm/db/mysql4.php on line 331

I am new at this and am get this error.^^

i followed this https://panel.dreamhost.com/kbase/index.cgi?area=2290&keyword=phpbb

any idea what it could be

www.calgarysfinest.net

BigBear, you should put the name of your database in the mysql host, instead of just mysql/calgaryfinest.net. You should just try a simple mysql_connect first. Try this

<?php if(mysql_connect("xxx.calgaryfinest.net", "user", "password")){ if(mysql_select_db("table_name")){ echo "connected"; } else{ echo "not connected"; } } else{ echo "could not establish connection"; } ?>

i am just try to install phpbb and i get that error. i tried swtich the host name to the data base name but that didn’t work

Where do i put that code?

Roberto

www.calgarysfinest.net

Still no response to both of these issues. Is there something not mentioned here that should be working? Should I even be able to respole my php database via http://detoxphpbb.the-detox.com ?

In your config file, make sure you have the following changed to your information.

$dbhost = ‘yoursubdomain.yourdomainname.com’;
$dbname = yourdatabasename’;
$dbuser = ‘usernamefordatabase’;
$dbpasswd = ‘passwordfordatabase’;

if that doesn’t help, you can check with the phpbb users in their forum http://www.phpbb.com/phpBB/

Yes you should. Maybe it’s a DNS problem? If your domain isn’t hosted with DH, then that could be your problem. The DNS isn’t set up quite right maybe?

Even after adding the config information manually I am still unable to connect to the Database. I will check the phpbb forums as suggested, but to me it still seems like a DNS error.

Anyway, once I get get this up and going I can demo it to co-workers and get a company forum going. :smiley:

FYI, I did a search in the phpbb forums, and found quite a few other people who are having this problem…

“It is an error with your host, there is something wrong with their MySQL daemon”