phpBB

I’m having trouble installing my phpBB board for some reason. I keep on getting this error. Anyone have any idea what’s wrong besides that fact that it’s my SQL database? Any suggestions as to what to do? Thanks.

Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL server host ‘nocturnaldata’ (1) in /home/.demo/nocrev/forum.nocturnalreverie.com/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.demo/nocrev/forum.nocturnalreverie.com/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.demo/nocrev/forum.nocturnalreverie.com/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

If you have just set up the database hostname it may not have propagated yet. Try browsing to the hostname you have created and see if you can login to PHPMyAdmin.

Norm

Er… okay. I can log into PHPMyAdmin. @.@

In config.php check if the mysql details are correct, in particular the hostname is entered in full.

Like this but with your details…

<?php // // phpBB 2.x auto-generated config file // Do not change anything in this file! // $dbms = 'mysql'; $dbhost = 'hostname.example.com'; $dbname = 'databasename'; $dbuser = 'mysqldbusername'; $dbpasswd = '1234567'; $table_prefix = 'phpbb_'; define('PHPBB_INSTALLED', true); ?>

(Table prefix may differ)

Norm

Ah, good, that help. :slight_smile: Thank your so much for you help!! It’s much apreciated. I can’t believe I didn’t catch it. o.O;;