phpBB PHP header error - can't log in

apps

Hi there,

I have this problem every time DreamHoast upgrades the PHP version on my server. Most of the time switching to the previous PHP version fixs it, but this time it hasn’t.

Here’s the error I get at the top of the page after trying to log in:

[quote]Strict Standards: Non-static method utf_normalizer::nfkc() should not be called statically in /home/oneclicks_123912/trivia.heresyourwater.com/includes/utf/utf_tools.php on line 1663
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1035: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663)

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oneclicks_123912/trivia.heresyourwater.com/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /home/oneclicks_123912/trivia.heresyourwater.com/includes/functions.php on line 4668

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oneclicks_123912/trivia.heresyourwater.com/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /home/oneclicks_123912/trivia.heresyourwater.com/includes/functions.php on line 4670

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oneclicks_123912/trivia.heresyourwater.com/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /home/oneclicks_123912/trivia.heresyourwater.com/includes/functions.php on line 4671

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/oneclicks_123912/trivia.heresyourwater.com/includes/utf/utf_tools.php:1663) in /home/oneclicks_123912/trivia.heresyourwater.com/includes/functions.php on line 4672[/quote]

How do I fix this? I’ve tried changing to every current and past version of PHP, to no avail.

Thank you!!

What version of phpBB are you running? Maybe that needs upgrading this time.

Hi, thanks for replying.

I’ve tried all the 5.x PHP versions listed in the dropdown. Here are the values. I’ve not tried the “new and scary” ones.

PHP 5.5 CGI PHP 5.5 FastCGI PHP 5.6 CGI PHP 5.6 FastCGI (default) PHP 7.0 CGI PHP 7.0 FastCGI
		</select>

bump :slight_smile:

I would suggest you to open a ticket, I can’t really debug more from here. https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=support.msg

Cheers - thanks a bunch!