phpBB Install Problems

I am attempting to install phpBB for a client of mine and am having difficulties in even getting a download I can work with. I am unable to open any of the PictureIt files (receiving the usual “helpful” Microsoft error message “An Error Occurred - Unable to open file.” Thank you, Mr. Gates.) and can find no code of any sort that would support the BB.

I have viewed the Install movie from the phpBB home site and everything seems quite straightforward, but I am having “no joy” in getting this process to work. Am I missing something here?

Any guidance and suggestions that anyone can offer would be MOST APPRECIATED! Thanks!

P.S. - I also submitted this post on the “Third Party” forum.

A URL would be helpful

Tancred

I am assuming that you mean the URL of the client site I am developing. The URL is www.parentalabduction.org but all you will see there is the “Under Construction” page as the site has not yet been published for the general viewing.

gah, daggum cross posting. Keep your questions in one forum would you?

have a look at your other thread http://discussion.dreamhost.com/showflat.pl?Cat=&Board=3rdparty&Number=10566&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=14&part=

[color=#0000CC]jason[/color]

Ah my error
I missed you saying “PictureIt files”.
I just assumed that you were using IE and it was giving you a poor error message