phpBB install error

apps

I just used the 1-click installer and followed the instructions I received in the email. When I clicked to complete the install, I got this error:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in /home/.loren/checkerbox/thedatephotographer.com/siteforum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.loren/checkerbox/thedatephotographer.com/siteforum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.loren/checkerbox/thedatephotographer.com/siteforum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
<<<

I don’t recognize .loren – where did it come from?

These first installation steps are very straightforward, so I can’t see any place where I might have done something wrong. I must be missing something very obvious.

Any suggestions?

-Jonathan

.allison is a dataglob.

Update: That was odd. I replied to a post that promptly vanished!

Simon’s website
Save $100 on 1-year plans with promo code [color=#CC0000]SCJESSEY100[/color] (details)

Looks like this was my bad. I’m not certain what I did wrong, but when I went back and reinstalled, I eventually got it to work.

I suspect that I didn’t fill out the mysql host name properly, but I’m not sure.