Database Server Hostname / DSN: themys
Your Database Name: MYSQL
Database Username: themys
Prefix for tables in database: phpbb_
Domain Name: phpmyadmin.themysticalforestzone.com
Server Port: 80
Script path: /phpBB2/

However, when I click install, I get this message:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL server host ‘themys’ (1) in /home/.taj/themys2/phpmyadmin.themysticalforestzone.com/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.taj/themys2/phpmyadmin.themysticalforestzone.com/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.taj/themys2/phpmyadmin.themysticalforestzone.com/phpBB2/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Can anyone help me? :frowning:

I would dare say your problem lies right there. You would need to fill out the full URL to your DB, so themys.themysticalforestzone.com (or whatever your DB Host is named) would be in order. Also, you may want to get something in the phpmyadmin.themysticalforestzone.com for your account, as I get a Directory Listing when I navigate to that page (just put up a blank index.html page there).

Also, make sure that you have created the database in your account from going to https://panel.dreamhost.com/index.cgi?tree=goodies.mysql&. This may take a few hours to set-up so the sooner that is done, the better.

================================
I’d give my right arm to be ambidexterous!

I’ve got a problem as well. This is my first phpBB install, and I’m trying to FTP in and erase my install files. Unfortunatley, everytime I try to ftp in with IExplorer to my domain, the user name and PW I have associated with my forum does not work. Any suggestions? This is the first thing I’ve installed on this site, and cant get back in to erase my install and config files. Thanks in advance for the suggestions!
John

I tried the quick install feature last night after reading your sugestion. it said:
Congratulations!
phpBB will be installed to (My URL) within 10 minutes (using your themys database).
You will then receive an email from us with final instructions to configure your new software.

the email I received said:
We were unable to set up phpbb as requested at:
(MY URL)

The problem was directory (My URL) is not empty! Please re-install, specifying an empty (or new) directory.

Please correct this and go to our web panel and re-submit your
phpbb installation request.

Thanks, and sorry about that!
The Happy DreamHost Installer Robot

UTJMAC:

Using IE you will have to be sure that you go to Tools > Internet Options and click on the Advanced tab, far right. Under the browsing catagory make sure that ‘Enable Folder View for FTP Sites’ is checked off, and I would also suggest ensuring that ‘Use Passive FTP’ is unchecked (this may differ with some systems).

You will obvisously want to make sure that you have the FTP address, username and password correct, as any of these things could ruin things for you as well.

Good luck!

Kajin:

The only thing I can think of here is that the folder you choose to install PHPBB to already had something in it, so when the installer tried to put the files in the folder, it couldn’t because something already existed.

Try deleting everything in the folder and installing again, or simply choose a different folder to install to.

Thanks for the suggestions,but no go.

Last night, when I tried it, it was coming up with a request for username and PW, but when I entered was incorrect. Which PW and user name should I use? The on set up with my domain, the BB, or the administrator login?

Also, now that I’ve made the changes as suggested above, I don’t even get the PW request. I can see the directory by accessing the page address, (www.macofuels.com)

but once I try to ftp the forum, it says unavailable. Is this just a case of me using the wrong username and PW?
Thanks again for your past a future suggestions.
John

Honestly, I 'm not sure why it’s not working. Everything seems to be in place.

Visiting your site, and going into the forum directory does tell me that phpbb will not work until the install/ and contrib/ folders are deleted. You may want to take a look at that (in FTP).

Other than that the only thing that I can think would be to contact Support.

EDIT: Just boucned back to your site and tried to do things as normal anyway… Take a look

Thanks Ramses, you walked into the forum right when I figured it out. I was using the login I provided when setting up the forum. Turns out, I should ftp in using the original loging for my domain, not the forum. Thanks for the help.

Thanks! I fianally got my phpBB forum installed.

WOOT!