PHPBB Forum install probs

apps

I have tried twice today to install PHPBB forum one click install. Both times failed producing this error and a couple of others:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in /home/.gabrielle/*******/mydomain.com/*******forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

(Domain name and user name altered here(. Is this a known problem or is it just me???

Thanks

“Try to be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.”

yeah, other people have had this problem (including me) Your database isn’t set up yet - or the host name hasn’t propigated in their name servers yet.

Wait 30 min to an hour and try it again (following the instructions you got in the E-mail from DH - NOT making a new install)

-Matttail

Thanks, did that eventually work for you?

I waited over an hour and tried again (not full install) and got the same error! :frowning:

try going to the host name that you created in your broweser. does that load up for you?

If that is loading, then your database has been created, and the error is in the config of the phpbb. try and new install and make sure you select the cirrect host name and the caseSensitive user name/password.

If it’s not loading for you something went wrong in creating the database. Check for it in your panel under goodies > mysql. If it’s there, and dispalys the host name and user you have set up - it should logically be working. But seeing as it isn’t I’d try deleting the database and starting all over again. Or you could put a ticket into support. Either way.

If it’s not loading, and not listed in your panel, then the problem is that you didn’t create the mysql database for the fourm to access. Create your datbase, create and user/pass , and create your hostname. Then try with your phpbb again.

If I’m crazy and way off the mark, then I’m sorry. but hopefully this will help. :slight_smile:

-Matttail

Weird, right after I got the email notice of you post I got another install success email. I went to the addy for the forum and it seems to have worked this time dispite the errors!
I’m taking it for a test spin now!

THanks