Phpbb error - need help!

apps

I recently created my phpbb message board. I have correctly installed the extreme styles Mod, at which point my board worked fine. I then installed the simple sub-forums Mod, at which point I went to my admin panel and received this error in the left frame: “Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘.’, expecting ‘)’ in /home/.tovah/kaelinkids/nintendomasters.com/forums/admin/admin_forums.php on line 419” I obviously did something wrong, but I’m not sure what. Can someone please assist?

The error may be one or two line above the line in question, it is not always accurate. One thing I found that can cause issues it having word wrap turned on. It makes it more difficult to find the problem and may even cause a problem if you think it is a new line and is really part of the previous line.
Silk

My website

Thanks, I found the line in question, but I can’t figure out what to change. Here is a chunk of code including the problem line, which is highlighted in red.

$template->assign_vars(array(
‘S_FORUM_ACTION’ => append_sid(“admin_forums.$phpEx”),
‘S_HIDDEN_FIELDS’ => $s_hidden_fields,
‘S_SUBMIT_VALUE’ => $buttonvalue,
‘S_CAT_LIST’ => $catlist,
‘S_STATUS_LIST’ => $statuslist,
‘S_PRUNE_ENABLED’ => $prune_enabled,

‘L_FORUM_TITLE’ => $l_title,
‘L_FORUM_EXPLAIN’ => $lang[‘Forum_edit_delete_explain’],
‘L_FORUM_SETTINGS’ => $lang[‘Forum_settings’],
‘L_FORUM_NAME’ => $lang[‘Forum_name’],
[color=#CC0000]‘L_CATEGORY’ => $lang[‘Category’],. ’ / ’ . $lang[‘Forum’] [/color]
‘L_FORUM_DESCRIPTION’ => $lang[‘Forum_desc’],
‘L_FORUM_STATUS’ => $lang[‘Forum_status’],
‘L_AUTO_PRUNE’ => $lang[‘Forum_pruning’],
‘L_ENABLED’ => $lang[‘Enabled’],
‘L_PRUNE_DAYS’ => $lang[‘prune_days’],
‘L_PRUNE_FREQ’ => $lang[‘prune_freq’],
‘L_DAYS’ => $lang[‘Days’],

‘PRUNE_DAYS’ => ( isset($pr_row[‘prune_days’]) ) ? $pr_row[‘prune_days’] : 7,

‘PRUNE_FREQ’ => ( isset($pr_row[‘prune_freq’]) ) ? $pr_row[‘prune_freq’] : 1,
‘FORUM_NAME’ => $forumname,
‘DESCRIPTION’ => $forumdesc)
);
$template->pparse(“body”);
break;

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I guess it should be:

‘L_CATEGORY’ => $lang[‘Category’]. ’ / ’ . $lang[‘Forum’][color=#CC0000],[/color]

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

I just fixed that, but I’m still getting the same error… :frowning:

EDIT: It works now! Thanks!

I have another problem, this one is in my forums/viewforum.php file. The error message is pointing to the last line in the file, here is that line, and a few above it:

//
// Parse the page and print
//
$template->pparse(‘body’);

//
// Page footer
//
include($phpbb_root_path . ‘includes/page_tail.’.$phpEx);

$>

I am pretty clueless about php, otherwise I could probably solve this myself. Once again, thanks to anyone that replies!

Please attach the error message. It will be easier for us to analyze the problem.

I am just making a guess here. Maybe $phpbb_root_path does not have / in the end. You can try to echo it. If it does not have / in the end, you need to change your code like this:

include($phpbb_root_path . ‘[color=#CC0000]/[/color]includes/page_tail.’.$phpEx);

If this is not the solution, please attach the error message.

Save $97 (MAX Discount) with code: [color=#CC0000]97YES[/color] Sign Up NOW or More Codes Here

Unfortunately that did not help, here is the error message:

“Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ‘>’, expecting T_VARIABLE or ‘$’ in /home/.tovah/kaelinkids/nintendomasters.com/forums/viewforum.php on line 1028”

Once again, thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

going by the error my guess this is the problem

$template->pparse(‘body’);

If found a > and no value for the string. I am not too familar with assigning arrays but I beleive it would have a => between the string and the value.
I am guessing as this is really getting above my knowledge of php.
Good luck,
Silk

My website

:stuck_out_tongue:

what is $>

Should it be ?>