Phpbb database gone!

Whenever I try to access my forums I get this error:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Unknown MySQL server host ‘rct3d-forum.rct3beat.com’ (1) in /home/.namu/jonseitz/rct3beat.com/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.namu/jonseitz/rct3beat.com/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.namu/jonseitz/rct3beat.com/forums/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

This just happened yesterday, and I didn’t make any changes at all. It just came out of nowhere. Can anyone explain what might of happened or how I can resolve this horrible problem?

I’m posting here because I believe this is a problem on the server end (dreamhost) and not to do with phpbb.
Thanks for any help you can offer.

Jon

[url=http://www.rct3beat.com[RCT3beat.com[/url]

make sure you have the correct information in your config.php file

$dbhost should be the address to your host’s SQL server (ie yoursubdomain.yoursite.com) don’t use localhost
$dbname should be the name of the database you used (ie yourdbname)
$dbuser should be the username that has access to the database (username)
$dbpasswd should be the above username’s valid password

never mind…I just reread your post…and this just happened yesterday. Are you using version 2.0.13? Have you used the PHPBB AdminToolkit to see if someone, other than you has admin rights?

Yes I’m using the latest version. I believe it’s 2.0.13. How do I access the phpbb admintoolkit? Is that when you actually at the forums and I go to very bottom and click “Go To Administration Panel?” Otherwise, I don’t how to get there, now that I can’t even get to the forums at all. I’m hoping it’s not a hack issue.

RCT3beat.com

Go to your webadmin panel in DH, is your database still there?

If so, there is a way to use phpmyadmin to see what users have what level of rights. I think admins have level 1. I will have to check on that…but if your database is still there, I would hop over to phpbbs forum and post this question there.

You may also want to check your config.php file to see if it has been modified.

Some services with DH went out last night in a planed maintance. Is it possible that it is working again now, and it was just that the MYSQL server was out?

-Matttail