phpBB 2.0.12 errors

apps

Ok I’m trying to help my friend out that is hosting here at DH. Ok here’s what I’ve done so far…

• I uploaded the most recent files for phpBB 2.0.12 (didn’t modify any of the dir structure or files)
  • CHMOD the config.php file to “666” (-rw-rw-rw-)

When I try going to the directory for installation I get the following error messages that I can’t seem to make sense of… I don’t know if I’m just doing something really stupid or what… Please help.

::. Error Message .::

Warning: main(./…/includes/constants.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.darlene/a***/a***.org/forum/install/install.php on line 305

Warning: main(): Failed opening ‘./…/includes/constants.’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/.darlene/a***/a***.org/forum/install/install.php on line 305

Warning: main(./…/includes/functions.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.darlene/a***/a***.org/forum/install/install.php on line 306

Warning: main(): Failed opening ‘./…/includes/functions.’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/.darlene/a***/a***.org/forum/install/install.php on line 306

Warning: main(./…/includes/sessions.): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.darlene/a***/a***.org/forum/install/install.php on line 307

Warning: main(): Failed opening ‘./…/includes/sessions.’ for inclusion (include_path=’.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/.darlene/a***/a***.org/forum/install/install.php on line 307

If the directory structure remained the same from the downloaded source, the root path should be working (its defined as:

$phpbb_root_path = ‘./…/’;

in the basic install… if the directory structure is the same as when you extracted the source make sure it shows as above…

Only other thing I would suggest checking is the php extension used in phpbb; this is defined in the “extension.inc” file located in the root directory (where the base files for phpbb are located)… If (again) nothing was changed with the files, make sure this line (22) in extension.inc reads like this:

$phpEx = “php”;

then try accessing the install script again…

Well that wasn’t the problem but thanks finally for the reply. I already got it up and running. I was told it had to do with server problems on that particular day.