Phpbb 1 click install Fails?

apps

Anyone know what this is all about?
I followed the directions exactly for the 1 click install
Plus I’ve installed this a dozen times before both for myself and friends…

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in /home/.endymion/theburn/theburninghammer.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.endymion/theburn/theburninghammer.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.endymion/theburn/theburninghammer.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

thanks
-e

same thing a few hours later.
im a first time customer here who was giving them another shot to redeem
this isn’t exactly impressing me :[

Warning: mysql_connect(): Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in /home/.endymion/theburn/theburninghammer.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.endymion/theburn/theburninghammer.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.endymion/theburn/theburninghammer.com/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331

blehhhh

looks like the MYSQL database didn’t get set up right somehow. If it’s still not working you should contact support. Or you might just try clearing out the install and trying again…who knows.

-Matttail

yea i did contact support, 14 hours ago and im waiting for a response still.
guess im spoiled by media temple. if something is breaks they fix it within about 15 minutes for me, any time of day or night.
i didnt realize their tech support was only when convenient :[

and the same results after wiping clean

good luck on dreamhost guys
this is enough omens for me for one day

90 bucks for 2 years of 4.8gb/120gb service is what made me give it a shot
price obvious was too good to be true

i use them for all my other clients and stuff i care about, this was just a side project for a friend
im not used to having to wait 16 hours for a response and having to rely on a message board full of helpful expert non employees to tell me how to use their abysmal admin panels.

take care