First and foremost a thank you for anyone that takes the time to read this and offer any insight. Here's the issue summarized as best as possible:
- running a somewhat customized osCommerce website just fine for years without issues
- PHP5 upgrade comes in and the custom PHP.ini previously in place is no longer valid
- Entire website then had the following error showing up "FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!" (I say entire website because there is the front-end public version of site and then the administrative area of the site)
- I go through http://wiki.dreamhost.com/PHP.ini last night and add all those handy dandy files and get register_globals changed over in the php.ini file
- Now front end of the website works, but the admin area does not work and the following error is displayed:
Warning: include(includes/languages/english/) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/username/domain.com/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 133
Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening 'includes/languages/english/' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/local/php5/lib/pear') in /home/username/domain.com/admin/includes/application_top.php on line 133
Fatal error: Cannot re-assign $this in /home/username/domain.com/admin/includes/classes/upload.php on line 31
My guess is that it has something to do with something in the new php.ini file that was different in the old one, maybe specifically with the path to pear, but I am really not sure. In the old file, magic_quotes was on and in PHP5 it is off, but changing that had no effect, so once again, not sure.
I'll stop here and hope that someone can point me in the right direction and please let me know if I can provide any other info.