Php upload filesize limit

i need to change the filesize uploadlimit for php. if it can be done via the cpanel, where’s that at? i’m not seeing it if that’s how it’s done. i tried doing it via htaccess, put it in my domain directory, but the value stays the same, 7mb. is it simply not allowed at all?

this is what i put in the htaccess file:

php_value upload_max_filesize 10M
php_value max_post_size 10M

I think you’re stuck at 7.

Use your own compile of PHP…its in the KBase somewhere :wink:

have you done it and will that fix the problem for sure?

Urk. Is that a declared DH limitation? If so, any idea where it and any other PHP limitations are documented? Not in Kbase > DreamHost > CGI, PHP & Databases > PHP as far as I can see.

You might have a typo. On my host, I use:

php_value post_max_size 10M

I could be wrong, but I don’t think this is a DH limit. I have run into this before with other PHP scripts. Always 7mb max upload size.

I had the same problem, except it would stop around 8MB. Another variable you might want to check is max_execution_time. I set mine to a very high number, but would advise that you make sure that this can’t be taken advantage of before you do the same.

Again, this is on a different host, and I am not sure if DH allows this, or will suspend your account. The general rule I would think is be cautious.

[quote]I could be wrong, but I don’t think this is a DH limit.

[/quote]

Ah OK. Thanks.

[quote]I have run into this before with other PHP scripts. Always 7mb max upload size.

[/quote]

I do think the limit is merely a config value. See www.php.net/features.file-upload for details.

[quote]Another variable you might want to check is max_execution_time.

[/quote]

I found the DH default is seemingly infinite - I’ve had script run for 10mins.

[quote]I set mine to a very high number

[/quote]

Sounds like a good precaution.

You should place a phpinfo(); in a file located in the directory of the script in question and take a look at the values for the related variables.

It says max_execution_time is 30 (secs) … oops, I had overridden that to 30 mins. Nice of DH to allow that! :wink: