I've been trying to get this work for a couple of days now, At the moment I am successfully building the svn.so file, but it won't seem to load into php. I can edit the php.ini and turn some modules on and off, but it doesn't seem to want to load the svn.so when I edit the same file to add it.
So I've built the so with pecl, and I've built it from a download on the pecl.php.net/packages/* site.
I've followed the simular instructions for installing php extensions that I've found on the wiki, in these forums, on stack exchange, and none of it is getting the package loaded into php.
Nevermind. I switched from fastcgi to cgi, copied the so file into the extensions_dir listed in phpinfo(), then set the extension to /etc/php53/php.ini as extension=svn.so
And now it works.