PHP Require/Include

I am having some issues with requiring external classes in files.
At the top of index.php I have:
require “phpfunctions/objects.php”;

I have uploaded a file called objects.php which resides in a subfolder called phpfunctions. However, I am seeing the standard error:
Warning: require(phpfunctions/objects.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/foo/bar.com/test/index.php on line xx

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘phpfunctions/objects.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/local/php5/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/foo/bar.com/test/index.php on line xx

I have also tried putting the files in the same directory as index.php and adjusting the require statement accordingly, but to no avail.

I have done a bit of searching but everything seems to be about checking for file existence or not using URLs in the require statement because they are disabled by DreamHost.

Any ideas?

It’s probably something you do :slight_smile:

1st) the filename “Objects.php” is different from “objects.php” - filenames are case-sensitive.

2nd) In the example above, your file must be in /home/foo/bar.com/test/phpfunctions/objects.php - You can try in a browser to access: http://foo.bar/test/phpfunctions/objects.php - it may return a blank page, but should not give any errors.

Case-sensitive!? That is likely it, I’ve never worried about case sensitive file names.
Thanks!