Php problems: help

I have some basic web page knowledge but is about 8-10 years old. I just stated a new site and wanted to add a discussion forum. I’m in the middle of install/setup of phpbb software but I’m getting some error messages!!
Here’s the errors:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can’t connect to local MySQL server through socket ‘/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock’ (2) in /home/.scrawny/ftpwhs/wheelwrightreunion.com/php/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.scrawny/ftpwhs/wheelwrightreunion.com/php/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/.scrawny/ftpwhs/wheelwrightreunion.com/php/db/mysql4.php on line 331
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Ken

Did you follow the setup instructions that were sent via E-mail? If you put in the right database info (NOT local host) things should be working. It’s possible that the DB is just not set up yet, and waiting a few hours will fix it.

–Matttail
art.googlies.net - personal website

Notice that your MySQL server is not localhost. You must create your own MySQL server before install phpBB then correct at the install form. By default, your MySQL server look like: mysql.wheelwrightreunion.com

Max discounts with [color=#CC0000]E97[/color] or [color=#CC0000]O97[/color] code. U will never find better one. Check it and U will see!
Webhosting infos, who sucks, who oversells?